Saturday, June 6, 2015

Epic Inspiration Jewelery Design Challenge

Melissa over at Bead Recipes is hosting
 the Epic Inspiration Jewelry Design Challenge.
For all the details check out this post link.
Downton Abbey is the TV series I selected.
The cast, the settings, the story lines have kept me as well 
as many others riveted over these past seasons.
I thought this piece would look great on Lady Rose.
It's traditional with a modern twist.
And that is how I would describe Rose.

When she appeared on the show I really
didn't know what to make of her other than
I knew she was going to spice things up a bit.
Apparently I wasn't the only one...

Jack,"Well she is quite a character."
Mrs, Hughes, " Lady Rose? That's one word for her."

Her necklaces are long but not too long.
So I followed suit with this one...
Here is a close up of the piece.
Items used:
Victorian Bezel setting with Shell cabochon, 
smooth coin and hex Hematite beads,
 turquoise Shell nuggets, Abalone shell oval beads,
Czech beads, Decorative rectangle puff beads.
Simple looping and metal chain.

Click on the link at the top of the post to see what the 
other participants select for their Epic Inspiration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri, thanks for alerting me that you were not on the list for the blog hop -- I have added you to my post! (and my sincere apologies, not sure why you fell off the list) Love your Downton Abbey inspired pieces, it's one of my favourite shows and Rose is such a great character! Thanks for joining the blog hop!

Kelly said...

Terri, I just saw on Melissa's blog that you were added as a participant. I always enjoy your work, and I'm glad I took a look. That is absolutely perfect for Lady Rose. Like you, I wasn't sure about her character. Honestly, I found her very immature and annoying at first, but then she grew on me and became a spark of youth and vigor for the show. Your piece is gorgeous - the beads, the length, the colors - I can see her wearing it. Great job!

Shai Williams said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love this style but always miss mark when I try it.