Friday, May 29, 2015

Sally Russick ~ Cabochon Challenge

When the challenge this month was for Cabochons,
 I knew it was time to finally make these
 into necklaces. 
They all took on a different personality even though 
They all had the same filigree bezel setting.

 Finding the right color of beads to compliment the shell
 proved to be
a little bit of a challenge for this choker.
Dyed Paua Shell Cabochon

Black Onyx Cabochon
I would wear this with layered with other 
coordinating necklaces.
 So I went with this very simple design.

Multi Agate Cabochon
I have to say I like the mix of the more 
modern Czech beads with the ornate style
 of the Bezel.

Here is the list of Participants:
Terri Gauthier (you are Here)

13 comments:

Karin G said...

What a great idea to use the cabochons with the filigree, there are so many possibilities as your three necklace show, from very sophisticated to modern. I love the mix of vintage with modern.

Caroline said...

Beautiful, it has a lovely vintage feel to it.

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Love the route you chose to work with your cabochons. They are all just lovey pieces!

Bits of Learning said...

Teri, I LOVE each and every necklace!!! The elegance of the filigrees surrounding the cabs! And the color palette of the necklace with the agate pendant, the soft burgundy and purples really make that agate cab pop!!! Thank you so much for participating in the challenge!

Niky Sayers said...

I love how you have created such very different pieces and they are all lovely but that last one is just stunning! Such beautiful colours and design, very eye catching!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Teri,
All three of your pieces are gorgeous! My favorite is the last one it is more my style.
Therese

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Oh my - just LOVE the combination of filigree with your cabs. The colors are so scrumptious. I think I am partial to the last design. It has so much texture and variety. You do beautiful work!

Empty nester at last said...

Wow those are really beautiful and cool that they each took on their own personalities with the filigree. I really like the first one. That is my fav color. Thanks for posting.

Sandi Volpe said...

Beautiful necklaces, they are each so unique. Love the filigree and how you designed each piece.

AntiquityTravelers said...

What a fantastic design! I love your use of filigree with your cabs it gives them so much depth. Wonderful pieces!

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Terri, I like all three of your designs. Even though I don't usually wear chokers that one is my favorite. The beautiful colors just called my name. The filigree bezels are lovely.

Terri said...

Thank You all so much! You've made my day with your kind compliments!

Gloria Allen said...

Love the mix of vintage style filigree in modern day designs. Lovely pieces.