Monday, September 8, 2014

ABS's September Challenge

Margaret Macdonals'd
"The White Rose and The Red Rose"
Serves as the inspiration for this months
Art Bead Scene Challenge.
This what I created last night.
I made my own earring finding/charm.
I cut out these brass triangles and then embossed them
with the 
Sizzix - Decoemboss die - Cherry Blossom Garden
Used alcohol ink - Current, then sealed with 
Vintaj sealer. 
My goal was to echo the translucency of the 
Red Rose ladies dress.
I was also drawn to the textures 
on the upper corners.
I also liked the accent of 
little blue beads in the painting.
The cube bead picks up a golden mossy green hue 
of the White Rose Ladies dress.
The bell flowers, although not roses help give it 
that feminine touch. 
I really like the fact that these earrings would not have 
come into existence with out this challenge.

3 comments:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Totally original and so pretty, Terri :)

Anu Lal said...

Beautiful and mystical.

Shai Williams said...

Those gorgeous earrings! Love how you took the inspiration of the picture and created such a unique pair of earrings.