Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Last Bloom of Summer

This is the color Palate for this months 
Monthly challenge
I selected to use the blues and the brown.
Using some beads from Golem Design Studios -
deep chocolate brown with blue flowers,
blue aqua marine nuggets, tiger iron beads.
Chocolate brown ceramic saucer and 
pale blue ceramic tube beads.
A little wire wrapping along with 
misc. metal beads and pendant.
What a nice transitional color palate to 
move from August into September.
So I'll call this piece ...
The Last Bloom of Summer.
I can see my self wearing this with a nice 
white shirt in the summer.
Or a spicy cayenne pepper linen dress
for the fall.
Plans are in the works for a bracelet 
and earrings to go with this.

5 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

This is so beautiful, Terri. I love those black beads with the little flowers on them. I think your combination of beads is just perfect! :) xo

Terri said...

Thank You so Much!
They may look black in the photo but are actually a deep chocolate brown.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

I just realized today I hadn't yet commented here on your beautiful necklace, Terri. I did at the Flickr site when you posted but forgot to come back here!

Kimisjewelryandgifts said...

Love this so delicate. I would wear it too. Great work and good luck. So fun to see how everyone gets inspired by a photo. Happy creating. Kim @ www.kimisjewelryandgifts.blogspot.com

A Polymer Penchant said...

oh yes, with those outfits and many others I'm sure. You just can't beat blue and brown in my books. Lovely!