Monday, May 23, 2011

Unexpected Surprise

We went over to our dear friends last night 
for our movie night. 
We try to do this at least once a month.
Dorthy makes the best air popped pop corn!
Orville Bedenrocker has nothing on you.
(misspelled his name on purpose)
About halfway through the evening 
Nita puts this cute bag on top of the TV 
with a card addressed to Chip and I.
We just looked at each other.
Huh? What's this?
Let me back up for a sec....
The night before we had taken Dorthy and Jesse 
out with us to celebrate our anniversary
to a lovely restaurant called  Castaways.
Nita wasn't able to join us.
It looks out on a good size lake. 
The scenery is just so relaxing.
And I know they enjoyed it as much as we did.

Okay back to our movie night.
Chip and I were totally floored by this
unexpected surprise.
Words cannot express how deeply moved we were. 
Such a thoughtful, loving and generous gesture.
I was moved to tears.
So why is it that it's so easy to be the one giving and 
so difficult to be the one receiving.
To refuse would be robbing the other person of their joy.
I get that intellectually.
Anyway
"Gil-Belk" family if you happen to read this post.
I hope you know how much we appreciate your 
priceless friendship.
And we love the beautiful poem you composed, Dorothy, 
the cards,
the friends plaque, bracelet...hello green my fav, 
socks and gift card.
Wow!
We enjoyed the movie and your company as always!
Which truly is the greatest of gifts.
Thank You So Much!

3 comments:

Anu Lal said...

WoW Tia, you seem to have had a great time! It sounds like a beautiful story. Good friends are always a treasure to cherish forever and ever.
The pictures of the restaurant are really nice.

Wishing you a happy anniversary once again.

Terri said...

Thank You Anu!

Well, They saw the post..and wanted to leave a comment. But since I have blocked anonymous comments what Dorothy typed in wasn't saved...she sent me a lovely e-mail...So I will leave some of what she said here....

....HOW DELIGHTED WE ALL ARE TO HAVE YOU TWO IN OUR LIVES. IN FACT I EVEN TRIED TO LEAVE YOU A COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG TO EXPRESS APPRECIATION FOR OUR FRIENDSHIP BUT I DIDN'T KNOW HOW. I TYPED IT IN AND THOUGHT IT WOULD GO THROUGH BUT I GUESS IT DIDN'T BECAUSE I LOOKED FOR IT AND IT WASN'T THERE. YOU KNOW HOW COMPUTER ILLITERATE I AM. SO I'LL JUST HAVE TO WRITE IT HERE.

WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY THIS WITHOUT REALLY MAKING A 'FUSS',

BUT OF ALL THE FRIENDS THAT THERE ARE THE BEST BELONG TO 'US'.

WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY THIS FOR NO WORDS CAN QUITE 'IMPART',

THE LOVING THINGS FOR YOU CHIP AND TER' THAT "ALWAYS" FILL OUR 'HEARTS'.


MAYBE THIS POEM IS A LITTLE CORNY, BUT IT'S TRUE....
I LOVE YOU TER'

Terri said...

Thank You Dorothy, Jesse & Nita!