Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Overview of Polyvore

I've been asked to explain what Polyvore is ... so I have directed interested ones to the Polyvore site because they can explain it better than I. But I thought for convenience I would copy and paste what they are "about" onto my blog. I hope you find this helpful.

For a quick link to Polyvore just click on the image to the left under "My Polyvore"

Polyvore is a free, easy-to-use web-based application for mixing and matching images from anywhere on the web. It is also a vibrant community of creative and stylish people.
Polyvore lets you create sets composed of individual images using an easy to use, drag and drop editor. After you have created a set, you can publish and share it with your friends and the Polyvore community

Polyvore is often described as "highly addictive" by those who fall in love with its collaging functionality and spend hours creating sets to share with others.
Polyvore offers an unprecedented level of direct engagement with real products and brands, while its social features make it a powerful platform for the creation and distribution of user-generated advertising.
Polyvore launched in February 2007.

Stats
1.6 million unique visitors per month
65 million monthly page views
440,000 registered users
10 minutes average session time on site
22 page views average per visit
3.8 million sets created
3.7 million products

No comments: